Search This Blog

Saturday, October 19, 2013

My trip to Bali, Indonesia

I visited Bali in early September, 2013 and was totally disappointed. I think the island is totally overrated by the public. For people who have been to Hawaii, I would like to kindly suggest you to not head to Bali with a high expectation. Seriously, it may let you down.

First of all, aside from visa application fee, it is very common for the immigration officers to ask for tips when they are issuing visas upon arrival. Coming from a North American education background, tips are totally voluntary. However, in Bali, the officers may make travllers stand and wait for hours and hours to force them to pay the tips they want to have.

Second, Indonesia requires all the travellers to pay tax when they leave the country. Since I got tax refunded to me when I left Thailand, it was weird for me to pay tax when I leave Bali. It was not a large amount of money, but it does not sound reasonable to me.

Third, the beaches there were not as pretty as the ones in Hawaii. The following are some pictures that I took:





I think I have written enough negative comments. Let's give some hope to the people who have already decided to visit Bali!

1st Recommendation: Blue Point

There is a famous famous Bluepoint Chapel! It's a must see!




2nd Recommendation: Taman Air Spa!

They offer free transportation service within a certain range. Check out their link: http://www.tamanairspa.com/

They usually have a monthly speacial offer and it is indeed a good deal!

A full body scrub is suggested.

You may be able to get a 15% discount if you tell the manager that you are Sarah's friend XD. Let me know whether it works.



Genneral tips for people who want to visit Bali:

1. It's better to exchange money before you go. Even if US dollars can be used in many stores, but it will be cheaper to pay in the local currency.

2. Don't worry about language barrier. Most of the local people can speak fluent English.

3. Flight destination is Denpasar,Indonesia.
 
Bon Yoyage!

No comments: